February 4, 2012

More progress - AE TD18 bass bins and F20 bass horn

Two bass bins now assembled sans outer baffle. 

Internal bracing:

I wasn't quite careful enough drilling into the ply, so it split apart. I used polyurethane glue to repair it. In the past I've used PVA but it's difficult to get the glue in. With PU glue it expands to fill the void, so that it pushes the glue both into the void and out. The glue seen on the outside is there only due to the expansion. This glue is four times stronger than PVA.

F20 part-assembled:

Driver cut-outs were done with a router jig:

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.